Are you looking for great gifts for a coworker, sibling or working mom friend?
Or maybe you’re not sure what to tell your spouse when he asks what you want for Christmas this year?
From items to help make life easier for busy mamas to ways you can pamper yourself, here are some of the best gift ideas for working moms.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links to products and services. If you click through these links and make a purchase, I may make a small commission. You can read my Disclaimer Policy for more information.
Gifts For Self-Care
Taking care of yourself is important (especially this crazy year). A little pampering goes a long way. Here are some ideas for working moms in need of a little rest and relaxation.
- Gift card for manicure/pedicure: Last year (when family gatherings were still a thing *cue my tears*), a gift card to a local nail salon was one of the most popular items at my in-laws Yankee Swap. This is a great gift idea for moms looking for a little pampering.
- Slippers: The first thing I do when I come home from work is kick off my shoes and grab my slippers. I love slipping my feet into warm, soft slippers at the end of the day.
- Heated blanket: This electric throw blanket looks so soft and cozy. Plus, it’s machine washable and dryer safe!
- Electric toothbrush: Good dental hygiene is a form of self-care, right??! I LOVE my electric toothbrush. If you don’t have one already, add this to your Christmas wish list – your teeth and gums (and dentist) will thank you!
- Bed Pillow: I’m determined to start having more energy in 2021 so getting a good night’s sleep is a must. This pillow is on my wish list for Christmas this year. You’re even able to add or remove the filling to get this pillow to be the perfect fit.
Time-Saving Gifts for Moms
Most moms will tell you they would love the gift of time! Although that’s not possible, these gifts are great time-savers if you’re a busy working mom with too much on your plate.
Meal Subscription Boxes: Having trouble figuring out WHAT to make for dinner? Having pre-planned meals delivered to your home is a great time-saver and stress-reducer. Most companies offer gift cards so you or the working mom in your life can try out their service. Here’s a list of some of the best meal subscription boxes.
- Meal plan service: Another option that saves time and energy is a meal plan service like CookSmarts. This service helps create meal plans and grocery lists that work for you and your family so you don’t have to worry about what you should make for dinner every day.
- Door Dash gift card: For nights when cooking just isn’t an option, a Door Dash gift card is a great idea for ordering take out or delivery.
- iRobot Roomba: Clean floors every day without having to be constantly sweeping and vacuuming? Yes, please.
- House cleaner: Even better than a robot vacuum? Someone cleaning your entire house FOR YOU! Giving a gift card to a local cleaning company is a such a great working mom gift idea.
- Laundry service: Give the gift of time with a gift card for laundry service. Companies like Rinse (available in Boston, Chicago, D.C, several locations in CA) will pick up your laundry, wash them, fold them, and deliver them to your door.
- Hair Dryer Brush: I have heard great things about this hairdryer and hot air brush. Save time by drying and styling your hair in one step.
Gifts for Commuting Moms
A lot of jobs are now allowing or encouraging employees to work from home, but there are still many moms that head into the office every day. Here are some thoughtful gifts for the working mom who is working outside the home.
- Travel mug: I never leave for work in the morning without my coffee. My commute is only 10 minutes but my travel mug keeps my coffee warm all morning if I get too busy at work to sip on it right away.
- Work bag: A great bag can make going to work feel more glamourous than it actually is! I’ve got my eye on this work tote which seems like it has room for everything and is still stylish!
- Remote car starter: My husband got me a remote car starter for Christmas one year and it really is THE BEST. We live in New England so winters can get cold and it’s so nice to slide into a WARM car in the morning. This is so great when heading out with the kids too.
- Car detailing: If you commute to work, your car probably gets a lot of use. It would be great to have it cleaned and detailed like new!
- Lunch bag: I have a thing for bags – whether it’s a new diaper bag or a work tote or a lung bag! Thinking of making a New Year’s resolution to eat healthier? Start early with a new lunch tote like this one which has two compartments for cold and warm food.
- Space heater: Maybe it’s just me but my office is always SO COLD. This little space heater will keep you warm enough for maximum productivity all winter long.
Gifts for Organized Moms (or moms who want to get organized!)
- Custom planner: I have searched through so many planners trying to find the perfect one. I love, love, love the customization options offered by Plum Paper. I cannot wait to get my 2021 planner and start getting organized for the new year.
- Bullet journal: Get and stay organized using a bullet journal, a great idea for making lists or doing brain dumps!
- Colored pens: As a kid, I loved shopping for back to school supplies. Give me all the new folders, binders and number two pencils! As an adult, I get my fix through office supplies. Colored pens are one of my favorite ways to stay organized – you can color code everything! This makes a great gift paired with a planner or notebook for the wanna-be-organized mom.
Gifts for the Home
Some moms might balk at the idea of getting housewares and kitchen supplies as gifts for the holidays while other moms love them. If you’re a lover of gifts for the home (like me!), here are some great ideas.
- Always Pan: While a bit pricey, this pan can be used as a frying pan, saute pan, steamer, skillet, and saucepan so you can use it to cook basically EVERYTHING. It even has a built in spoon rest!
- Cast iron skillet: Okay, I never knew what a cast iron skillet was until my sister gifted this to me one Christmas (she’s always been the better cook)! I love it now. We’re big grill-ers in our house (seriously, my husband will stand outside in the snow to have some perfectly grilled chicken) but when we cook indoors, we love using the cast iron skillet.
- Air Fryer: First there was the Crockpot, then there was the Instant Pot, now – the Air Fryer. Just because it’s trendy doesn’t mean it’s not amazing. I orginally decided I wanted one of these bad boys so I could dehydrate fruit and make apple chips. But there are SO MANY other things you can do with an air fryer. Definitely an awesome gift idea this year.
- Electric kettle: Our electric kettle gets used almost daily. It’s such a convenient way to boil or heat water whenever you need it.
- Mandolin slicer: Want to eat healthier but hate slicing vegetables? A mandolin can make that much easier! This one is designed to keep hands and fingers away from the blades for extra safe meal prep.
Unique Gifts for Working Moms
- A Gift from Sudara: Sudara offers a lot of unique items including the super comfy looking Punjammies pants. I love their globe t-shirt because message written on it is so apropos to current events: Love changes the world. The amazing thing about this company, however is that every purchase helps women who are survivors of sex trafficking by supporting job creation and skills training programs in India.
- Date night: Give the gift of a date night out with the husband with a restaurant gift card!
- Zen Garden: Feeling stressed? A zen garden for your desk or table can help you practice mindfulness and relaxation at work or in the home.
- A Gift from Thistle Farms: Thistle Farms in a company that makes soy candles, lotion, hand soap, and essential oils among many other items. I love getting things like these as gifts because I normally don’t splurge on them for myself. The best part is Thistle Farms employs women who have lived through trafficking, prostitution, and addiction so each purchase goes toward supporting women survivors. Learn more from visiting their website here.
- Coffee warmer: Are you a mom who has to heat her coffee up 7 times every morning and then ultimately forgets about it until you opens up the microwave the next day? This is for you!
- Tile: I’m not sure why I’m just now learning about this amazing invention. A tile is a great idea for anyone who is constantly misplacing things due to having so much on your mind all the time (like all us working moms).
- Family photo session: Besides at my wedding, I have never gotten professional family photos done. It’s just never fit into our budget. I would LOVE to be gifted a family photo session with a local photographer. This is such a thoughtful and unique gift idea for mamas.
- Canvas Prints: I love canvas prints – they are so much easier to hang on the wall as opposed to heavy framed pictures and look great! A canvas print of the family or the kids would be an awesome gift idea for any mom.
Gift Ideas for Working Moms
Whether you are a working mom or shopping for a working mom, I hope this list helped give you some unique gift ideas for this holiday season.